We invite you to join our public discussions on building Ukraine’s national resilience and current trends in international relations.
- When: May 19, 2021, 13.00—17.00 EEST
- Where: On the Facebook page of the ‘Resilient Ukraine’ programme
- Languages: Ukrainian and English, no translation provided
Knowledgeable speakers will discuss key security trends in Ukraine and the world; current trends in international relations in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as main vulnerabilities of Ukrainian society and approaches to building a more resilient society.
Official opening, general welcome and introductory remarks
- Mr. Vasiliy Khoma, Head of Sumy Regional State Administration
- Mr. David van Weel, NATO Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges (via a virtual channel)
- Dr. Vasiliy Karpusha, Rector of Sumy State University
- Dr. Mykola Nazarov, Director of Research Centre for Regional Security
- Mr. Dmitri Teperik, Chief Executive of the International Centre for Defence and Security
Panel discussion on transformative effects of international cooperation (in English)
- H. E. Ms. Vineta Kleine, Head of the NATO Information and Documentation Centre in Ukraine
- Dr. Maksym Yakovlyev, Head of Department of International Relations, Director of School for Policy Analysis, National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Ukraine
- moderated by Mr. Dmitri Teperik, ICDS Chief Executive, Estonia
Panel discussion on managing societal vulnerabilities amid hybrid threats (in Ukrainian)
- Ms. Yulia Laputina, Minister for Veterans’ Affairs of Ukraine
- Mr. Dmytro Zolotukhin, Media Expert, Deputy Minister of Information Policy of Ukraine 2017—2019
- COL Andriy Ostrovsky, Head of the Strategic Communications Department, Office the Commander of the Ukrainian Armed Forces
- Dr. Iryna Eihelson, Member of the Eastern European Network of the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC)
- moderated by Dr. Mykola Nazarov, Director of Research Centre for Regional Security
This SPS Advanced Research Workshop is organised by the International Centre for Defence and Security (ICDS) and Research Centre for Regional Security at Sumy State University in partnership with Resilient Ukraine development cooperation programme with the support from the NATO Science for Peace and Security Programme.